Friday, May 29, 2009

Intro please

Hello all, this is my first blog here at blogspot.com. I am very sure this is going to be fun for all of us, at least - I hope it will?

What is this blog about?
Simply put, this blog is about cooking, and having fun while cooking. While many sites out there in the Internet, have recipes, this blog is for you, the person that are afraid to even boil water; or, you may think, "OMG, I don't know how to make that?"
I will show you how to melt butter, add flour, add cream and wine, making a nice sauce for tuna.

What makes you so Qualified to show me how to cook?
I have been working as a cook for Sodexho Food Services, ( a french based company which runs food services for schools, hospitals and prisons.) at our local Collage for the past Nineteen (19) years. Before that, I had trained in many restaurants from the time I was 17.

Are you going to use difficult recipes that you need a degree in science to understand?

No.
What I will do is show you, you can take any brand (off brand) product, and make a fine dining meal.

@#! What do you mean, Fine dining meal?

Take for example, Sesame Tuna with white wine cream sauce, and butter Carrots.

Yum! I want that!

Very simple to make really.

1 small can cream of mushroom soup.
1 small can evaporated milk
1 stick butter
1 pkg (per person) Starkist tuna steak
1 sm bottle sesame seed
1 can Carrots
1 cup instant wild rice.
3 tablespoons white wine

In a small sauce pan, pour out cream of mushroom soup, stir in half can evaporated milk stir till becomes thick but not too thick. Add wine stir in.
In another sauce pan, open can of carrots (water and all) add half stick butter, bring to a slow simmer. Add instant rice
On a plate, place sesame seeds, then open package (s) of tuna steak.(s) sprinkle sesame seed on top of tuna.
In a fry pan @ medium high, place the other half of the stick of butter let melt, then add the tuna steaks. Fry till till seeds on the tuna is golden brown.
Drain carrots and rice. serve tuna over the bed of the rice, place a couple table spoons of white sauce over tuna.

That's incredible!
I know, and you can make these great tasting and great looking dishes too. As I always say, "If you can open a can, Yes you CAN cook."

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment